SO, LETS TALK ABOUT CELLULITE ……
Stretch marks and cellulite are something over 90% of us women have. Of course we wan’t to get rid of it! But first I feel like it’s really important to understand what stretch marks and cellulite are. You’ll see that afterwards it will be super easy to understand why we get them and what we can do about it. ♥︎
So think of a rubber band. If you stretch this band really intensely & quickly it will either break or it will at least get some cracks. The same happens with your skin. If the tissues of your skin get stretched beyond their flexibility, the collagen in it will get damaged, which leaves little scars all over your skin. Cellulite may seem similar but is something completely different. Our skin has areas where fat deposits lie underneath. If those fat deposits get too big or the tissue of your skin too weak, the fat areas will push through the collagen fibres, making our skin look like cottage cheese.
Okay, so basically the reasons for stretch marks could be gaining weight in a short period of time, growing really quickly (e.g. in puberty) or overall weak tissues & inflexible skin. Cellulite is also caused by excess fat & weak tissues, further by a lack of hormones & poor blood circulation.
TIPS TO PREVENT STRETCH MARKS & CELLULITE:
- DRINKING LOTS OF WATER – this will keep your tissues strong & flexible, which makes them less likely to break.
- USING OILS & CREMES – I RELIGIOUSLY massage my butt and thighs twice a day with coconut oil or shea butter. There is no guarantee but I feel like this really helps to deeply moisturise the skin and make it more flexible. Pregnant women also massage their bellies with oil, so it has to make sense, right? Body scrubs are also awesome.
- EATING HEALTHY – as I’ve told you quick weight gain and excess fat are some major reasons for your skin to break. If you eat healthy you will not gain sooooo much weight in a short period of time & you will less likely get cellulite or stretch marks
- WORKING OUT – ha I told you, exercising is good for everrrrrrything! Exercising will not only firm & tone your muscles, which makes your body & skin look more tight, but working out also increases blood circulation, which helps your skin & tissues stay strong.
- NO SMOKING – cigarette smoke reduces the blood circulation, which weakens the collagen & therefore your tissues. That’s why smokers tend to get wrinkles, cellulite & skin discolouration’s more easily.
- CONTRAST SHOWERS – they stimulate your blood circulation & metabolism
Again my loves, i am in no way an expert. I just research and know what works for me and honestly hope i can help you too!