8 TIPS THAT HELP ME LOOSE WEIGHT <3
Most of the time i’ve thinking about how i can gain muscle and tone up, but alot of the time after travelling (and being naughtier than i should), i think about how i’m going to loose the weight. And i know lots of you want to LOSE WEIGHT too and to be honest, i’m in no way a nutritionist or training coach, but I talked to a lot of people and collected some awesome tips for you, that make the process of losing weight easier. Heres 10 helpful tips i use to loose weight! Please remember angels, this is added extras from your training and food regime.
- EAT BREAKFAST: Basically, every person that lost a lot of weight told me that they now start every morning with breakfast (and so do I!). It’s so wrong to think that you’ve ‘saved’ on calories that day if you skip breakfast. You will have cravings throughout the whole day and feel less energised 100%. Start eating 300-400kcal each morning. An omelette with ham and veggies, a wholegrain toast with natural peanut butter, a yogurt with some muesli, an acai bowl or nutritious protein smoothie with fruit and some oats.. Whatever you do, don’t skip breakfast
- DO 5-MINUTE WORKOUTS WHEN EVER YOU CAN: Add a couple of 5 minute activities throughout the day. This is addition to your regular training session! Do 5 minutes of jumping jacks in the TV commercial breaks or do 5 minutes of squats whenever you’re on the phone. Sit ups after the show, whatever you can. If you have a spare 5 minutes, make it count.
- SWEET ADDICTION – I HAVE THIS SO BADLY! Every day i feel like i need something sweet to cure the crazy sugar cravings I’ve always had. Actually, i got this from my mumma, so it must be hereditary! So if your like me, save up the calories during the day and enjoy those things. Snack less during the day or at least eat super low calorie snacks between meals (carrots, cucumbers, hummus, apples, …) and look forward to your piece of chocolate in the evening!
- PREPARE 80% OF FOOD YOURSELF: Prepare at least 80% of the food you eat yourself. I definitely hold more fluid and look really soft and flabby if I eat at restaurants more that 3 times a week. I always make healthy choices in restaurants and I have no clue what they put in the food that makes me look that way – but it’s a fact. I also tend to feel bloated so often if I ate at a restaurant. You will FEEL and LOOK better if you prepare and cook more meals yourself. THis is definitely one of the more prominent points in loosing weight.
- TAKE PICTURES: Take pictures of absolutely eveeeeerything you eat and look at your ‘Entire Day Of Eating“ at night in bed. Why? First of all, often we eat without thinking and we’re not paying attention to what kind of food we’re putting in our mouths. If you take pictures of your food it will make you think before eating. And if you look back at it at the end of the day you will have a good overview and you can compare your good & bad days!
- CLEAN OUT YOUR CUPBOARD AND FRIDGE: Throw away the chips, throw away the ice cream and the softdrinks. If you don’t have those things at home you can’t eat them. And going to the grocery shop to buy them will probably be way too hard whenever you have cravings haha. THIS IS KEY!
- YOU DON’T HAVE TO FINISH YOUR PLATE: Some people think it’s rude to not finish all of the food on your plate. (depends on your culture of course) but I don’t think it’s a bad thing to do. If you feel full – you are full. Rather keep your food and eat it later than forcing yourself to eat everything up in one go. You will actually gain weight without even enjoying the food. If you’re in a restaurant simply ask the waiter to wrap up the rest of your food to take it home. I also have a big glass of water before every meal and during the meal. This ensures that you are ticking to your portions size and not over eating.
- AVOID EATING AT NIGHT: Make sure you dinner is always your last meal. And try and have this no later than 7pm. Snacking at night is the worst thing to do when your relaxing not burning the energy your eating.
Try and think of these little tips of mine, not as loosing weight but keeping weight off! They work for me, and i sincerely hope they work for you too xx