Everyone is constantly telling us what we shouldn’t eat. But what about the foods we SHOULD be eating. Because getting flat abs or losing the that extra bit of fat off your butt, requires more than just a gym membership–you have to eat to your advantage, too.
Studies show that fiery foods can temporarily speed up your metabolism. A great way to get a boost is with red Thai chilies and jalapenos, but anything with the compound capsicum –jalapeno, cayenne, etc–will get your system going. Plus, you don’t tend to eat as much when your meal bites back. Don’t incorporate it into every meal, but try it out a few times a week.
So these are foods i cant live without and for those of you coming in to summer or chasing summer, this will help you <3
Adding lemon to your water can benefit you in the following ways and can detoxify: Every morning, i squeeze lemon into my 1.5l of water that I drink the minute I wake up ( ie Japanese water therapy) But did you know, lemon is also …
– Balances PH
– Boosts immune system
– Improves digestion ( warm water only)
– Helps Alkaline body
Chlorophyll cleanses, detoxifies and alkalises and is found in green leafy vegetables such as kale, spinach and rocket. I purchase it in liquid form and add it to my green smoothie in the morning, or when i’m feeling tough, skull a serve prior to my breakfast to kick start my day.
– Cleanses the blood
– Increases red blood cell count
– Oxygenates and alkalises the blood
– Anti-inflammatory and strengthens immune system and immunity
– Helps fight disease
From beating sugar cravings to assisting with weight loss, there are so many reasons to LOVE this beautiful product.
– Full of healthy saturated fats
– Good option for weight management
– Better substitute to cook with and great substitute for sugar
– The lauric acid in coconut oil can help kill bacteria, viruses and fungi by helping starve off infections.
-Coconut oil can protect hair against damage, moisturise skin and prevent sun damage.
Chia seeds are packed full of good fats, protein and high in fibre and are designed to make you feel fuller longer due to how they expand in water. They provide the following health benefits:
– It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon.
– The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids.
-It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
-It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
– Chia seeds are gluten free
– Chia is high in iron, boasting three times the amount of iron as spinach
For a tiny berry, goji berries are packed full of impressive antioxidants and minerals and disease fighting compounds and are deemed one of the most nutria-dense foods on the planet. Why include goji berries in my diet and why should you?
– Goji berries are vitamin rich, containing more vitamin c than orange, are an excellent source of vitamin B and rich in vitamin E.
– They can aid in muscle growth as they contain over 18 amino acids, including the 8 essential amino acids.
– Goji Berries are anti-inflammatory
Kale is being described as the Queen of the greens. It is a nutritional powerhouse and great to add to a natural flavoured Green Tea Green Smoothie. Why i love kale and why you could and should love it too?
– Kale is low in calories, high in fibre and has zero fat. For example, One cup of kale has only 36 calories, 5 grams of fibre and 0 grams of fat.
– Kale is high in iron and per calorie, kale has more iron than beef.
– Kale is high in Vitamin A which is great for your vision and skin.
– Kale is very high in antioxidants and great for cardiovascular support as eating a healthy amount of kale lowers cholesterol levels.
Blueberries would have to be by the best tasting superfood on the planet. Not only do they taste amazing and are a great accompaniment for superfood smoothies, heres other reasons why blueberries are deemed the ultimate super fruit :
– Blueberries contain ‘catechins’ which are activate fat-burning genes in abdominal fat cells that can assist with weight loss, particularly in the stomach area.
– Blueberries are packed with vitamins C, E, riboflavin, niacin, and folate.
– Blueberries are an excellent anti-inflammatory agent.
– They contain minerals such as potassium, magnesium and iron.
– Blueberries contain salicylic acid—the natural version of aspirin. Salicylic acid is known to thin the blood and reduce pain.
Egg whites are so versatile, and seeing as they are a fat free and high protein food choice, its pritty evident why i love them and enjoy them better than whole eggs:
– egg whites are high in protein with 4 gram of protein and only 17 calories per egg white.
– Egg whites are a source of magnesium, folate and calcium.
Try incorporating these superfood’s into your diet and I promise you, you’ll be hooked in no time. I promise <3