I cannot believe this is only my second blog post in 4 weeks. Things have been so crazy this last month with work, holidays, I literally haven’t had time, which i HATE saying as i honestly always think you need to make time for the things you love. I love i love blabbering on my blog for you all 😉 So, i’ve set myself a goal in 2018, to post on my blog twice weekly!
Back on track now and want to chat to you about snacking. I know ALOT of you ask me about diet and food alot and this is something i’ve always struggled with – it’s never been my portion sizes, but the snacking I do during the day, outside of meals time that i find challenging.
Since focusing more on my health and fitness, i’ve been able to control my snacking alot better by snacking on the right foods, low in calorie, but do the job.
So here are of my favourite snacks right now.
– MorLife Choc Covered Goji Berries. I love these but they are high in macros, so a handful is enough for a substantial fact. Goji’s are a superfood and a little natural dark chocolate is good for the soul, so win win really.
You can buy this at a super discounted rate (especially if you are in Australia) on my shop – http://emmaroseofficial.com.au/shop/
– Cottage Cheese and Carrot Sticks. Such a go to! Cottage cheese is a slow releasing protein and quite lean, and carrots are great for daily veggie intake!
– Organic Sliced Cheese and Gluten free rice cracker – I have two of these in the afternoon. This is my favourite cheese right now – limit yourself to two slices and 8 crackers. Thats a good snack.
– RX BARS. Aussies these are in the US, so this may not be too much help to you but you need to try when you can! They only have 5 ingredients, which are all healthy!
For example my favourite flavour ‘DARK CHOC SEA SALT’ has the following ingredients:
3 Egg Whites
‘AND NO BULLSHIT.” is there slogan which i LOVE. Nothing processed here!
– 1/2 Cup of Edaname. This is always an afternoon snack! Like between lunch and dinner! Steam half a cup and add a little chilli salt! Packed full of protein and a great afternoon pick me up.
– Oven roasted turkey breast – 3 or 4 slices and a green juice! An antioxidant and protein-rich hunger-buster.
-1 TBSP PEANUTS AND 2 TBSP DRIED CRANBERRIES. This is definetely an afternoon snack! I always need something to get me from lunch to dinner?!? The cranberries curb my afternoon sugar cravings!
– 1 C RASPBERRIES WITH 2 TBSP PLAIN YOGURT AND 1 TSP HONEY 0 This sweet mix does the job until you can break away from your desk for a full meal.
Monday to Saturday, i try and mix up my snacks with the above and through in a green juice daily with one whole lemon! Now on Sunday … haha well thats another story!
Stick to the above during the week and then if you want a sneaky block of chocolate on the weekend – well i think thats ok.
Comment below with any questions:
As always ….