To me, there is nothing more fulfilling than setting a goal – whether it is personal, career related or spiritual & then achieving it.
“SO GO ON, BE A GOAL DIGGER.”
The tips I live by…
- Change your mindset – Think positively. Before determining what your goals are, you need to clear any negative energy and self doubt or thoughts such as ‘its too hard’ and ‘way too much effort’. Positivity breeds and attracts positive energy. Your mind is your strongest tool, therefore positive vibes only. Self doubt and laziness will be your biggest enemy.
- Surround yourself with goal oriented and like minded people – Like attracts like and very often we automatically gravitate to similar people who have similar goals in life, but then sometimes we don’t. I think it’s important to be conscious that your closest circle either motivate or inspire you in some way, are on the same moral compass as you, have goals and dreams and are a positive force in motivating YOU to succeed in your given field. People like this, and people in my circle motivate me to work harder and to be a better version of me, these people are GEMS, do not let them go.
- Write down your goals, put pen to paper – So until very recently, I didn’t quite understand the need to do this. Thinking that my goals were in my head and that was enough… but how easily can one thought be lost? I hate to think of how many are lost in transit somewhere in my head. Writing down a goal, idea, whatever it is, puts life into the thought. It’s a very solid reminder and great for reflection. I can guarantee you the goals you write down rather than just let float around in your head, are far more likely to be achieved. Honestly, go buy a cute notebook, you won’t regret it!
- Don’t follow the crowd or let anyone deter you from your goal – Not everyone will understand your goal, idea, mindset and so on…everyone is different, has a different outlook and not everyone will agree with your goal. It doesn’t matter, its yours. When talking to others about your goals and aspirations be open to objection and opinions, but dont let it deter you or drive you from your course.
- Create a dream board – What is this you ask? It’s a visual board of imagery that relates to the goal you have set, Words, pictures, quotes or anything that you relate to your goal and what motivates you.
So no matter what projects, studies, goals, dreams, aspirations you are working towards, I hope you can be inspired by these 5 tips that have helped me and continue to help me set goals and motivate myself to achieve them. I really hope I’ve inspired some of you in some way …